Some of the behind-the-scenes work I do here at Tangle List involves updating old content. What tends to happen is that I’ll stumble across an amazing new link that’s perfect for content I’ve published long ago, and so I’ll quietly edit it in without much fanfare. In this brand new blog series called “Tangle List Update,” I post a compilation of all the links I’ve quietly added over to Tangle List over the last few weeks.
On that note, if you ever come across a link that you think would fit in well here, then please post it in the comments. It’s easy to miss great links in the ocean of content that is the internet, and I’m grateful to all who help me find these wonderful links to share.
Added the following links to List of Official Zentangle Patterns with Step-Outs & Youtube Tutorials:
- STEP-OUT: Patena Tangle
- STEP-OUT: Yincut
- Man-O-Man to Celtic Knots Tutorial
- Hollibaugh Aurabridge Variation
- Wholly Hollibaugh (Video)
- Printemps and Then Some Variations
- Floating Cubine
- Cadent Squared
Added the following links to Zentangle Strings – Free Strings & Advice for Drawing Your Own:
- Birthday Candle String
- “Zendala Dare” – 109 Zendala/mandala strings
- Landscape String
- Letter Strings – 26 strings (all letters of the alphabet)
Added the following links to List of Zentangle Art Challenges & Creative Prompts:
Inktober starts on October 1st and creative prompts are already being posted. I’ll continue to add Zentangle-specific Inktober challenges as I find them.
- #InktoberTangles – One tangle for every day of October.
- Official Inktober Prompts – Creative prompts from the official Inktober website.
Miscellaneous Links – Here are a few good links I’ve found recently that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed. Some are directly about Zentangle; some have only tangential connection to it. I believe readers will find at least some of them as useful as I did.
- How Do I Finish This Tile?
- Recycle Old Pens – Found via zenpar
- Inspiration for your Mandala Practice – Tons of tutorials about creating mandalas.
- How to Paint Rocks: A Beginner’s Guide – This is the most thorough and helpful beginner rock painting guide I’ve ever read. I encourage all who are interested in trying this craft to give this guide a read.